I like to make cute stuff. How about you?

I like to make cute stuff. How about you?

Monday, June 21, 2010

Fourth of July Place Cards



The Fourth of July is sneaking up on me! My friend Ronie contacted me last week and asked me if I could whip her up a place card design for her fourth of July celebration. Of course my mind started racing as I had not had any requests for patriotic goodies before this one. The 4th is such a festive holiday with all of its red, white and blue and is usually more casual with outdoor barbecues in place of indoor dining. I knew I needed something fun to pair with Ronie's amazing yard complete with inground pool and beautiful gardens in sunny Sacramento, CA. I found these adorably festive straws (her grandsons will love them :) and decided on a round place marker rather than the traditional rectangle. I made them double sided which gives it a small pocket where the straw will fit when slid on from the top. These little bursts of red and blue are sure to compliment any fourth of July table. You can even get creative and float some sliced strawberries and blueberries in each water glass!

1 comment: