I like to make cute stuff. How about you?

I like to make cute stuff. How about you?

Friday, June 18, 2010

Easy OREO Truffles


Last summer I celebrated 4th of July at my friend Laura's grandmother's lake house. Laura's family is filled with amazing cooks. They make the kind of food that you just die to eat. Amid many delicious cookies on the cookie trays were these chocolate covered balls. I am a bit of a chocoholic so I was immediately intrigued. Laura told me that were OREO truffles made with Oreo cookies, cream cheese and melted chocolate. Are you kidding me? Each bite was like a little taste of heaven. They are very rich, and I wasn't used to eating sweets to this magnitude, so I immediately felt a buzz after eating it. You know that chocolate buzz feeling, otherwise known as a sugar high. They were SO good. I knew I wanted to make them for Carlie's party and Laura was nice enough to share the recipe with me.

All you need are three ingredients (my kind of recipe) - one package of Oreo cookies, one 8 ounce brick of cream cheese and chocolate chips for melting and covering the truffles.

See the step by step recipe here.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Cuz! They are great. I have a friend who makes them for all the school functions. I LOVE them. Never knew the exact recipe...thanks!

    ReplyDelete