I like to make cute stuff. How about you?

I like to make cute stuff. How about you?

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Carlie's 2nd Birthday - The Invitations



From the moment I saw the big red flower invitations in Target I knew they had to somehow be worked into Carlie's invitation. I am a big fan of photos on invitations so I knew that I couldn't use the flower as it was intended - all by itself. On the back of the flower there is space to write in all of your party details. Very cute, just not the look I was going for. I decided to back the red flowers with pink card stock, round the corners of the card for a little extra something :) and use the inner left hand side to display a photo of Carlie and the right side for the colorful party details.

I felt like it needed a little something more so I decided to wrap a piece of green tulle around the card and knot it in the front. BEWARE. As cute as that knot was, it cost me an extra 20 cents per invitation in postage once I got to the post office WITH my lovely envelopes stamped with 44 cent "celebrate" stamps. I was a little upset because the USPS does make a 64 cent stamp but I never imagined that the little bump that the knot created would put my invitations in the "special handling" category of letter mailing. So much to my disappointment my cards needed two 10 cent stamps each in addition to the adorable "celebrate" stamp. Oh well. Next time I'll think of something cute that lies flat.

Overall I was really pleased with the invitations. Carlie's picture, of course, being my favorite part!

No comments:

Post a Comment