I like to make cute stuff. How about you?

I like to make cute stuff. How about you?

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Baby Love Collection


How adorable are baby showers? I had so much fun with this Baby Love theme. This baby shower was inspired by Valentine's Day, but I wanted to keep it looking like a baby shower and not a Valentine's Day Celebration. I chose the lavender and ivory color scheme, which is perfect considering Allison is having a baby girl. Plus, purple is one of my personal favorites.

The baby love banner was done in the lavender and ivory color scheme and polka dot print, but it was hard to get a good picture of it with the sun in the background. I used the same papers from the invitations to personalize the vanilla cupcake-scented candle tins. Not only were they a hit as a favor, they really helped add a decorative touch to the cupcake table.

The cupcake toppers came out super cute and were also coordinated with the invitation card stock. I practiced making the perfect cupcake for the past couple of weeks. With the help of Kim from the TomKat Studio, I learned how to frost cupcakes with a pastry bag. I was pleased with the look and taste of the cupcakes!

One of my favorite finds for this event was a LOVE door hanging sign that I found at Michaels. I took some of the lavender and ivory polka dot paper, cut it to fit, sprayed it with spray adhesive and attached it to the bottom of the sign to cover the pink and ivory design that existed on it already. It was an easy and effective way to tie in our color scheme.

We played a few fun baby games and had prizes of chocolate and love-themed notebooks and list pads. The food that Erin prepared was delicious and I was very happy that she asked for my help and gave me full creative freedom with the theme and decorations. We made a pretty great team :) Congratulations Allison and Ahmed. We can't wait to meet your baby girl!

This Baby Love Theme can be customized to any color/print scheme.

1 comment: