I like to make cute stuff. How about you?

I like to make cute stuff. How about you?

Monday, April 12, 2010

Blue Bell and Chocolate Communion Invitations






I love the way these invitations turned out! It is an extreme pleasure to work with paper products from The Paper Source. When we lived in Boston I would frequently be drawn towards the store on Boylston Street. I could get lost in there for hours looking at the stationary, wrapping paper, cards and neat little gifts and toys for kids. It is an amazing store. If you are lucky enough to live near one, I am very jealous. These invitations were done in Blue Bell and Chocolate. The ribbon was purchased from JoAnn Fabrics and my customer also bought the coordinating return address labels, which looked fabulous on the back of the envelopes. I also figured out how to use the settings on my new printer to print the addresses on the 6 1/2 by 6 1/2 inch square envelopes. I love that the font style and color on the envelope matches the print on the invitation. I am a sucker for matchy-matchy. In case you didn't know, any square piece of mail requires an additional fee. The 6 1/2 inch squares required $0.88 of postage per invitation. I am working on an order now where the invitation envelope measures 5 1/2 by 5 1/2 and the postage for each of these will be $0.64. If you have your heart set on a square design, please be aware of the increased postage rate. It would be heartbreaking to show up at the post office to unexpectedly find that your postage budget has just doubled. You have to admit it though, square invitations are so striking!

No comments:

Post a Comment